Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Well, I drank too much last night and that micro economics test is in a couple hours. It's a beautiful day though so that gives me reason to believe that I once again will not be passing a micro test.

I was thinking about a couple things after I threw up this morning. Walking through the quad, people talk about so much nonsensical but important to them stuff. Have we really become a Fairfield community of idiots? Who discusses an interesting book they read on their own time or a documentary they just watched about social injustices?

I'll say this though and I don't think this is different at most schools, but nobody cares about discussing Iraq or Don Imus when they could just kick back, light a cigarette and crack a St. Pauly Girl. I'll blame the school for that: classes here are either really good or really bad. There's no in between for the simple reason that if the teacher sucks, you're stuck with either a rediculous amount of busy work or a class under your belt that kept you well rested in your bed.

Sometimes, the choices we make are not sound by anyone’s standards; that’s the reason we’re students at Fairfield. It’s because we’re not quite there yet in the world where we can venture out on our own, so we live in dorms like Jogues instead. I’d say that’s a fair trade off.

Sure, there are more constructive things to do other than getting plastered. But you cannot choose when you’ll have a heavy work week or when you’ll have time to unwind a little. And that’s the whole problem. Erratic schedules and bedtimes that are the beginning of a day for some people leave very little “me” time.

So go out, have a good time, don't sweat what doesn't matter and if you grab a no name heavy, make sure you do not call her back.

No comments: